Monday, August 9, 2010

Super Sexy Seahorses

Katie, Nina, Me, Sheila

         This weekend (July 30-August 1) I finally made my transformation into a hot Australian surfer chick when I went on a pre-orientation trip to surf camp on 7 mile beach.  There were about 40 people total, and we were split up into a bunch of different groups. Our Colgate group was called the super sexy seahorses.  We had three lessons split up between two days.   It was fantastic. Even though we used massive foam boards instead of the typical smaller, thinner ones, Colgate overall shredded some sick waves.  I was slightly disappointed though, because the brochure told us we needed to bring our dancing shoes, and then we didn’t even need them.  It was quite the let down. 
Sheila, Katie, Me, Laura

Fun fact:  One of the biggest shark nets in the world blocks off 7 mile beach, preventing me from being eaten by sharks during surf camp.  Win.
Colgate!

No comments:

Post a Comment